Thursday 1 November 2012

Wyandotte Chicks Pinky & Perky

Well here they are in all their glory!  Pinky and Perky.


Pinky and Perky - Wyandotte gold laced bantams

Cute little things.  They seem to be getting more active.  Treacle is trying to leave the run but I want to try and keep her in for a while as the chicks are still so small.  I'm concerned that a crow may take them.

I discovered that one of the chicks is either very lazy, clever or maybe both.  Check out the photo below. 

Chick riding on the back of Treacle
I will be honest, I cannot really tell the chicks apart now.  I could in the early days. 

Perky arrived first and has always been more confident and happy to stray away from Treacle.  Due to behaviour I think Perky is a cockerel.  He or she also has quite pronounced tail feathers and thick legs.

Pinky on the other had is very shy and quiet, always looking to try and get back under Treacle.  Pinky is smaller and tail feathers stick up a lot less.  So Im going with a Hen!

Either way this is one clever chick in my opinion.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment