Sunday 24 February 2013

Proper Eggcited! - Day 18 of incubation

It's Sunday and I have just realised that it is day 18 of the incubation period!
I'm as excited as a puppy dog, as I have just turned off my auto turner on the corti 25 incubator, removed the dividers and added water to try and increase humidity.
The gauge is currently reading 40% so as a minimum ideally it need to rise to 60%.

I'm paying the waiting game now for about 30minutes to see if the water and dropping temperature by half a degree helps.

At the first and only candeling of this hatch 11 out of 12 were developing. That's 6 silver lace wyandottes, one owl beard, two salmon faverolle and two croad langsham.

I really hope they have all made it.
Only time will tell now. Hopefully in two days I might start to hear cheeping.







No comments:

Post a Comment