Monday 7 January 2013

Making Pheasant Pate

I love making new things at Christmas.
This year it was the turn of the Pate.
I bought some lovely Pheasant and duck from Hoopington Pallaby
So I decided a pate would be perfect.

I found a Delia Smith recipe that used, 1 pheasant, venison, minced belly pork, chopped back bacon, juniper berries, 5 berry pepper mix, garlic, brandy and white wine.

It did not take long to do and I cooked it in a bread loaf tin lined with greaseproof paper and covered with foil.

It tastes lovely, but does not look overly appetising.  I need to work on the presentation.  But for a first attempt I was happy.

The link to the recipe is below if you fancy giving it a go.

I would thoroughly recommend and you can freeze it in chunks so you don't have a glut, or do as I did and hand out as part of Christmas homemade hampers as presents!


The Christmas hampers this year included, home made red wine, coconut ice, peppermint creams, the pate, Christmas ketchup and apple and cranberry chutney!


Ketchups and Chutneys and Chilli Jam were recipes by Nigella.  They have been big hits in previous years, and any left over jars we hold on to use ourselves.                     

We also made Peppermint creams and Coconut ice to go with the hampers.
  
We were very busy on the run up to Christmas as you can imagine.  On top of all this we iced the Christmas cake!  I'm getting tired again just writing about it!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment