Friday 14 December 2012

Abergavenny Food Festival 9th Dec 2012

On Sunday I visited the food festival in Abergavenny.  
I have been to Abergavenny many times, majority of the visits have been for work, but more recently I have visited for pleasure and seeing some friends who live in the area.

They actually run the coffee bar company "The Miserable Cow Cafe" in Cibi Walk. They make great fair trade organic coffee and the nice thing is that you get to sit outside and take in all the lovely fresh air.  There are canopy's with heaters to keep you cosy, so in a winter like this, it is perfect.

They have recently opened a deli called the The Greedy Cow Deli. You can see the theme :-)  Anyway they stock fantastic local produce. Check it out if you do go and follow them on twitter @MIserable_Cow

Abergavenny is famous for quality food, if you didn't know this, you do now, so plan a visit.  The market on Tuesday is always very busy.

The Food festival in September attracts thousands and has been established for numerous years now, the winter food festival is three years old, and it didn't disappoint me.

Breads, meats, cheese, wines, beers, ports, sherry, chocolate apple juice.  You name it, they had it.
I could not resist the port after a little taste test.  
I tried a wild boar sausage and goat sausage whilst there.  I have to say I was impressed and it has changed my opinion on keeping goats (if I can ever find land , that's another story).

I do like the fact that a lot of the stalls are local or at least welsh. 
Some had travelled from afar to be there, but I think that says allot about the Abergavenny reputation for quality food and drink.  

Thanks for reading and Merry Christmas!

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment